The Christian Learning Center
2020-2021 COVID-19 Policies, Protocols, and Procedures
The purpose of the guidelines listed in this manual are to equip teachers, staff, students, and parents with the necessary policies, protocols, and procedures to help maintain minimal exposure of COVID-19 in a preschool environment. Due to the unpredictable nature of COVID-19, policies, protocols, and procedures listed in the manual are subject to change upon the recommendation of the CDC, DHEC, Dorchester District 2 and/or The Christian Learning Center administration.
The procedures listed below are to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is very important that teachers, staff, parents, students, and other family members be mindful and respectful to our fellow families when it comes to following these procedures.
1) Arrival in car line 8:50 AM
All students must remain in their vehicles until a staff member arrives at your car and will go through the following steps before permitting students to exit their vehicles.
- Temperature check (99.6 or above cannot attend school for 48 hours)
- Parents will be asked if their child has experienced the following in the last 24 hours
- Body Aches
- Sore Throat
- Have you or a family member been exposed to the virus?
- If your child has experienced any of the above symptoms, they will not be permitted to exit the car or return to school until symptoms have completely resolved and approval has been given by the Director. If you child has a temp of 99.6 or above, you will need to keep your children home for 48 hours before returning to CLC.
2) Dismissal Procedures:
The children will be dismissed in a staggered order.
- Ducks and Monkeys dismiss at 11:50 AM. Please be in line at 11:45 AM
- Bees and Tigers dismiss at 12:15 PM. Please be in line at 12:05 PM
- Bears will dismiss at 12:30 PM. Please be in line at 12:25 PM
- Ponies will dismiss at 12:40 PM. Please be in line at 12:35 PM
DSS requires that CLC have all children out of the building by 12:50. It is very important that you arrive on time and in your dismissal slot. We have to be sure we keep contact to a minimum and traffic moving forward. A late charge of $1.00 per minute will be implemented for late pickups.
Teachers and Staff
Morning procedures will be similar to students.
- Temperature checks.
- COVID-19 screening questions.
All teachers and staff will be wearing clear shields or masks throughout the day. Shields will not only protect teachers and students but it will also aid in teaching by allowing students to see their teachers face during instruction. Teachers will also wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer multiple times during the day.
COVID-19 Policies and CDC Guidelines
Keeping our CLC teachers, staff, and families safe:
We are asking all teachers, staff, and families to be on the lookout for any potential symptoms of COVID-19 in their households.
- Shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing/shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain or soreness
- Possible diarrhea
All teachers, staff members, and students should stay home if they are experiencing one or more of these symptoms and consult with their health care provider.
According to the CDC, travel increases you chances of getting and spreading COVID-19. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- If you are planning to travel to a hot spot area during this coming school year, you will be asked to quarantine for 14 days before returning to the school. https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/index.html#cases
For more information pertaining to symptoms and CDC guidelines on the proper steps to take when sick, please click the link below or copy and paste in your browser.
Students who are sent home due to illness:
- If a student begins to feel ill at school, he or she will have their temperature taken immediately. if the student has a fever of 99.6 or any other symptoms related to COVID-19, we will quarantine that student in the Directors office and call a parent to pick up the child. Parents are required to arrive within a 30 minute time frame to pick up their child. The CLC director wil stay in the room with the student. The Directors office wil be sanitized immediately.
- If you child is sent home sick from school for any reason, you must receive approval from the Administration in order for them to return.
- This may require a doctor's return to school note.
- Your child will need to stay home for 48 hours after being sent home with a tempurature of 99.6.
Students, Teachers, and staff, who have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
- Students, their families, CLC teachers and staff who have been exposed to someone with the virus must quarantine for 14 days before returning to school, regardless of wheather they exhibit symptoms of the virus or not. If a teacher or child in a class is exposed to COVID-19 that entire class will quarantine for 14 days.
Students, Teachers, and staff who test positive for COVID-19
- Students, their families, CLC teachers, and staff who test positive for the virus must be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days, and fever and symptom free for 48 hours. If a teacher or a child in a class is exposed or tests positive for COVID-19 that entire class will quarantine for 14 days
For more information pertaining to the CDC guidelines on positive testing and quarantine, please see the following link. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html
** It is extremely important that you notify the Administration immediately if you, your child, or any family member has either been exposed to or has the virus. We need your help and cooperation to keep our sweet school open. Thank you in advance
If you would like more information on how to plan for a safe return to school for your child, please check out the following link.